Thursday, March 18, 2010

The Best Zoo In The World (Part 1)


I haven't been to every zoo in the world, but I feel confident saying the zoo in Singapore is the best one. Seriously. Photos don't do the Singapore Zoo justice. The cool thing about it is that it is mostly open-air. While the animals don't exactly roam free, it sure feels like they do. There are very few cages, fences, or glass walls; you really feel like you are sharing the space with the animals. Orangutans swing over your head, while monkeys scramble around inches from you on railings. There are moats on some exhibits, of course, but they're not that big. I honestly don't know what keeps some of the big predators from just hopping over and eating the rest of the animals at night.


Talk. Talk, damn you! I know you can do it!!!

I know they can do it.


Climb as high up that tree as you want, I'm still higher on the evolutionary scale. Yeah.... how do you like them bananas?


Dinosaur!


Okay, these were one of the coolest animals there, the giant tortoises. I've never seen one up close before, but you could walk in and interact with them like a petting zoo. For giant prehistoric armored reptiles, their faces have such personality.


So cool they need two photos. Is it nerdy that these make me think of Super Mario Bros.?

No comments:

Post a Comment